Friday 6 February 2015

Small pieces.

I've been working on some very small paintings (10 cm x 10 cm) on paper.  They're oil and cold wax with collage elements: fragments of antique letters, gold leaf, pressed flowers.  

 (oil and cold wax with antique letter fragment on paper)


As I was working, I rather lost sight of what was happening with the individual pieces.  Paint and pigments spilled over the edges of the tape creating a rather alarming visual mess.  




When I took off the tape off, however, I was pleased with the results.  Then I used more cold wax to adhere the collage elements.  




I finished two of them today.  The rest are for the weekend.  

(oil and cold wax with antique letter fragment and pressed flower on paper.)

10 comments:

  1. They're really rather lovely, Lynn. Beautiful muted colours and layers of intrigue...what's not to like! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kate! I love 'layers of intrigue'...just the sort of feel I was hoping to evoke. xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! If my art can enchant, I'm a happy gal indeed! xx

      Delete
  4. These are gorgeous little treasures! Have you ever used cold wax medium over dried acrylic on paper? I'd like to seal some paintings in a journal; guess I need to experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Gina!

    I've never tried cold wax over acrylic, so I can't say for sure. I imagine it would work, but that's just a guess.

    There's a website run by the artist Rebecca Crowell which is a forum for artists using cold wax and I know that there have been discussions about using the medium with acrylic. The address is:

    http://oilandwax.ning.com/

    It's a great resource. Hopefully you'll be able to find the answer to that there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still liked this article, good, good content, and unique design.Thank you for sharing the article
    obat sinusitis maksilaris tradisional

    ReplyDelete