Monday 9 February 2015

Little works framed.

(10 x 10 x 3.5 cm. Oil and cold wax with fragment of antique letter and pressed flower on oil paint paper adhered to wood panel.)


In trying to solve the problem of how to frame these tiny, new paintings, I at first wondered whether I ought to frame them before offering them for sale, or simply mat them.  That brought up the problem of how to mat them.  What size and for what format of frame?   




Deciding against those options, I chose to adhere them to the wood panels I use for my collages using acrylic medium.  I've painted the edges black and signed and dated them on the back.  They can hang on a nail or sit on a desk or shelf.    




Three of them are now available in my Etsy shop: 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeneathTheBracken?ref=em






8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerianna! It worked perfectly.

      Delete
  2. Great idea... It looks great! I just might try that with my work. I seem to spent way to much money having my artwork framed for art shows.
    Glad you shared this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I know - framing is prohibitively expensive. That's one of the things that had kept me away from working on paper as much as I would have liked.

      For this, I just used acrylic medium spread on the back of the paper and pressed it onto the wood. Sticks beautifully.

      Hope this works for your artwork as well.

      Delete
  3. because its contents make us become better know and learn more about the wide world, so it would greatly add insight for me, laneways that I say many thanks
    obat pereda nyeri haid (dismenore) tradisional

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice information,thanks gan to share information in website
    pengobatan untuk sembuhkan anemia aplastik

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still liked this article, good, good content, and unique design.Thank you for sharing the article
    pengobatan alternatif pemecah batu ginjal

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so very beautiful! i really love it. <3

    ReplyDelete